Wednesday, May 30, 2012

An attitude of gratitude - that is what is on my mind today as I review the last month. School ended! I left for a week at Oakwood with my beloved Sisters in retirement. What gifts of love and acceptance and warmth they give to me. There is a tinge of sadness as I watch them fade as they grow older-some I have known since they were first professed and came to teach at the Sacred Heart school in Cincinnat-62 years ago. However it is balanced with the joy of long term friendships and the mutual exchange of love and prayers.
And now I am home for a month until I go to celebrate success with Casey my oldest. She will host her agency's annual Tribute to Change in Philadelphia and I am able to be there to cheer her on. How grateful I am for that and for her in my life.
In August I go to England to visit my other blessings, daughter Trish, Ian and baby Jack for two blessed weeks. They too are such a grace in my life and give me  much joy.
God is very good to me and has been all through my life - even when I have not noticed it. Today I am very aware of it every day and thank God frequently throughout the day for the many blessings with which I am showered;my sobriety, the beauty around me, loving family, loyal friends, opportunities to grow, interesting students - and I could go on and on.
Today I am also praying for the Board of the LCWR who are meeting in D.C. They have much to think, pray and talk about. May our loving God surround them with care and protection.
Cape Cod Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment