Sunday, April 8, 2012

Christ the Lord is risen today -Alleluia.
Christ is Risen-Come let us rejoice - Alleluia. 
Our Lord rose this morning even though  the sun didn't. But that fact didn't matter, it was still a bright and joyous day all over this earth.
The Mass this morning at St. Patrick's was beautiful and the homily given by a priest with the mind and heart of a poet.
My joy was made complete by the presence of my daughter and her partner Shauna who came yesterday and left today.
Yesterday I awoke to a sense of waiting and expectation - expectation of something wonderful. It was as though the sadness and pain of the day before had passed and now I was to wait and pray. 
A song kept going through my head and finally the words came too:"There's a hush all over the world today;all over the house (of people in love) of waiting for God. There's a hush today all over the world, all over the world(of people in love) waiting for Jesus to rise. The new words don't exactly fit but they do fit the mood. Before I remembered the words the melody kept playing in my head and once I remembered the words it played most of the rest of the day. I was praying to and with Our Lady and I had this sense that she would say that He told us He would rise-we are to wait for Him. And she didn't seem worried.
What a gift!
So wishes for a truly joyous and blessed Easter to Each One.
Cape Cod Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment