Good morning. It is a beautiful day outside here on Cape Cod. The sun is shining, flowers are blooming and trees are budding. God's creation is awake and alive.
Last Sunday at the Associates' meeting in Boston El shared with us a meditation she received from another friend. It was titled " Blessed Poverty". Seems to be a theme in my life right now? Anyway the lines that struck me were:
" It is to know that in Jesus Christ God loves us first, the one who constantly takes initiative in our lives. It is to understand that his work in us is far more important than any work we can offer him. I have learnt to say: My God, I welcome my day, I receive it with all that it will bring, rather than <I offer you my day>."
Again there is a meaning for the words of St. Madeleine Sophie to "pray in silence and in poverty of heart". It is God who gives the opportunity to do the work that he gives us to do, it is up to us to accept the invitation. WOW what a change of thought!
I too have heard about the Vatican's latest bit of interference in the work of God's laborers in the vineyard. Although I would love to spout off about it, I will follow the example of my wiser sisters and friends and wait until we know more:-)
Have a beautiful day - in all ways.
Cape Cod Cathy
No comments:
Post a Comment