Tuesday, April 24, 2012

In the liturgies of the last few days we have focused on the love and goodness of God.
I have just finished reading several hundred blogs spurred into being by the Vatican's latest antics. A frivolous name for a serious matter, I realize, Since we have been encouraged not to interact with "the press" , I am not adding to the many I have read online at the NCR site. There have been several I want to blast out of the water and others I want to add my support to.
Only the love and goodness of God will pull our Church through this morass as God has done so many times before. Having read an article earlier today on politics and religion which discussed how many fewer religious people in the younger generation there are today then in 1950, I am surprised at the storm the Vatican's indictment has caused. That article talked about the resurgence particularly in the Catholic Church in the 60's and the fact that it is also dwindling quickly especially since the scandals of the early 21st century.
I pray that people coming together in their support for "the sisters" will also come together to worship and love God in the process. Wouldn't that be a true gift in response to God's love and goodness?
Cape Cod Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment